Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Responsible for assisting departments in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner while performing day to day administrative tasks, branch operations, or assisting in projects.. Employees selected for this position may be rotated from assignment to assignment for developmental as well as operational purposes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Perform necessary administrative tasks accurately and efficiently
· Familiar with fundamental terms, policies and procedures of credit union operations.
· Assist on special projects as directed by the Operations Coordinator/Regional Manager.
· Receive incoming member calls and secure messages, determine the nature of their request and make every reasonable attempt to answer the inquiry, complete the request or resolve the problem in a timely manner and without transferring the call to another department.
• Assist members with opening all types of accounts when working in a branch.
• Educate and cross offer credit union products/services that most benefit the individual member.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, changes in regulations and internal policies and procedures specifically related to the roles they are assisting.
• Balance cash drawer and daily transactions when performing teller functions.
• Accurately receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments. Sell negotiable instruments; transfer amounts from member accounts as directed and maintain member records.
Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Provide prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members and employees.
2. Effectively and courteously work with all departments within the credit union.
3. Process system input, documentation, member transactions, and file maintenance with minimal errors.
4. Know and understand products, services and electronic delivery systems. Familiar with terms and disclosures of all credit union accounts.
5. Participate in training and development opportunities.
6. Identify cross-offer opportunities and cross-offer products and services based upon member needs.
7. Knowledgeable of and adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines included in Regulation B, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC/CIP and IT Security.
8. Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
9. Maintain privacy of member account information.
10. Maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
A significant level of communication, trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Experience with automated data processing systems including PC, software programs, Symitar, Synapsys and mainframe system.
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Office environment, this position is part of the Utility and Operations pool in which you will be required to travel to the branches and other departments as requested by your Manager.