Winbro Group Technologies
Field Service Engineer
Winbro Group is a world market leader in the development and manufacture of special purpose machining systems and machining technologies of precision components. In addition to providing machine tool turnkey solutions for the Aerospace and Industrial Gas Turbine Industries, they offer supported onsite facilities management to give clients full support and technical backup. Winbro is at the forefront of their industry leading in new technologies both in design, development and manufacture. As part of continued growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our facility in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
***This is a NOT an IT (Information Technology) Related Role***
This position represents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join a well established and growing company.
- Provides technical customer service and support during the installation, commissioning and servicing of Winbro manufactured machinery along with associated support equipment.
- Maintain, service and commission EDM, ECM and Laser machine tools utilizing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and high pressure water systems troubleshooting skills.
- Installation and commissioning of Technical upgrade packages from mechanical, pneumatic and electrical drawings along with Software & Firmware updates of required components.
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Preventive and Reactive maintenance at customer sites along with timely response to service requests.
- Provide technical support and service training both internally and externally while maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement effort and the support of multiple teams.
- Provide periodic reports to management including customer complaints, trends, and suggestions for improvement.
- Occasional Service of Winbro equipment within our Rock Hill manufacturing facility may be required.
- Additional responsibilities include; customer relationship management, written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales.
- 3-5 years of field service experience required.
- High school or GED required, Vocational or Technical training recommended, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license along with U.S. Citizenship or existing Green Card Holder due to our customer facilities access requirements.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout North America, up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs.
- Applicant will have excellent all round skills in Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical maintenance disciplines.
- Able to read systems/machine layout with blueprints for installation onsite.
- Ability to direct contractor(s) during systems/machine installations.
- Perform intermediate PLC troubleshooting (ex: program editing and network connections).
- Previous five axis machine tool maintenance experience is preferred.
- Experience of high voltage or high ampere machine tools will be of particular interest.
- A clear and logical approach to fault finding complex electronic control systems
- Reactive Service and Preventative Maintenance activities will be required.
- Able to work alone, using your own initiative but also able to liaise with other team members for coordinated problem solving, as required.
- Must possess basic software skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, & Outlook).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills along with good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 lbs.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include:
- We pay 100% medical and dental coverage for the employee, along with a percentage paid for your spouse and dependents.
- We pay 100% of employee life insurance, short term disability insurance
- We offer a 401(k) plan with very generous company match in which funds are immediately 100% vested.
- We offer paid vacation of two weeks, plus five personal days per year; along with yearly holiday shutdown from Christmas through New Year’s.
- We supply work uniform shirts, jacket and required PPE to complete job tasks.
- We offer a great work environment and opportunities for growth.