Winbro Group Technologies
Automation Controls Engineer
Role and Responsibilities:We are seeking an Applications Controls Engineer with knowledge of electrical circuits and vast experience controls engineering and programming. We see a successful applicant as one that wants to work in an advanced engineering environment and to lead a change in culture. We are looking for an application engineer, keen to utilise their skills practically within an engineering company who are the leading edge of technology and whose market advantage is from applying automation solutions to enhance their machine tools and processes.
- New product introduction (NPI) that entails bringing customer products from initial planning to a final product that meets customers’ requirements.
- Development of machine tools and machine processes using Laser Ablation, Laser Drilling and/or Electro-Discharge Machining (EDM).
- Improvement and automation of machines as the industry pushes for more advanced automation.
- Demonstrate and train customers on machine tools and/or machine tool processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar degree. (Equivalent work experience will also be considered.)
- 5+ years’ experience with 5-axis machine tool controls. Heidenhain experience would be a distinct advantage
- Familiar with programmable logic controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Experience in industrial automation/manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings to interface with machine tool I/O.
- Ability to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving. Identify, analyse, and solve problems with practical solutions.
- Project management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver completed tasks under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task and deal with a varied workload
- IT literate around Microsoft packages
- US Citizen or Green card holder
- We offer a competitive benefits package to include 100% medical, life insurance and short-term disability for the employee, with 50% percentage paid for spouse and dependents.
- We offer a 401(k) plan with very generous company match in which funds are immediately 100% vested.
- We offer paid vacation of three weeks, plus five personal days per year; along with yearly holiday shutdown from Christmas through New Year’s.
- We supply work uniform.
- We offer a great work environment and opportunities for growth.