Control Testing Associate
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
For more than 160 years, Wells Fargo has been in the risk management business. It’s central to what we do, and it’s never been more important. If you have a passion and desire to understand and help mitigate risk, you will be interested in reading further.
Who We Are…
The Wells Fargo Front Line Control Evaluation team is part of the Control Executive organization. We evaluate whether controls are well-designed and operating effectively. Our approach is tailored based on Risk and Control Self-Assessment data, and it supports proactive risk management in alignment with the Risk Management Framework. We perform evidence-based evaluations and document our outcomes based on applicable policies and standards.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for team members to perform evidence-based control evaluations. This process may involve sampling and inspecting evidence to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls and whether they are mitigating their assigned risks.
We are looking for a Evidence Based Control Evaluation Associate to join our team and bring prior control design and operating effectiveness assessment experience to the Front Line. The right candidate will be responsible for evaluating controls to ensure proactive self-identification of issues and events, root cause analysis, resolution of control deficiencies and provides insight into emerging risks while operating in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Executes control evaluations in an effective manner.
- Completes control evaluations on schedule.
- Raises schedule delays to the control evaluation lead.
- Escalates any potential control gaps discovered during the completion of the control evaluation to a control evaluation lead, and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
- Completes applicable documentation under limited supervision and in accordance with requirements.
- Interfaces internally within the bank regarding business risk management. There will be limited to no external interaction.
- Works with supervision; does not manage other team members.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 2+ years of risk management experience demonstrated through work or military; or 1+ year of financial services industry experience and a BS/BA degree or higher in business
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to develop and negotiate solutions to issues with partners or clients including escalations as needed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to identify gaps through risk based testing
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience assessing control design and performance through testing, audit or Risk Control Self-Assessment practices
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly
- Experience assessing processes, procedures and identifying controls
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, identifying control gaps and determining the appropriate evaluation methodology.
- Experience creating test questions or test scripts
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd – Fort Mill, SC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.