Analytic Consultant 2
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Consumer Lending Control, and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
The role will partner with business leaders to develop reporting solutions that provide actionable insights and promote strategic thinking for Investor Services and Credit Bureau Reporting. This role requires someone who understands the art of turning data into relevant information and can tell a compelling story to influence business leaders. The ideal candidate will be highly creative and possess the courage necessary to challenge the status quo, looking for ways to simplify processes and improve capabilities. A strong understanding of information systems and the ability to build complex solutions across disparate data sources is required.
Incumbent must have proven experience in analytics and data management in a financial industry. Successful candidate must have proven ability to effectively liaison across and within business functions.
Specifically this individual will have responsibility to:
- Apply intellectual curiosity to solve business issues that require collaboration and extensive data research through ad hoc queries of large data sets.
- Participate or lead testing efforts of new data/reporting solutions. May be required to develop data testing methodologies, test scripts etc.
- Drive the development and testing of data management methodologies; including the development of data marts and other data driven solutions.
- Partner closely with business partners to build-out and/or support databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of operational and compliance risk management policies.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Define measurement standards and collaborate with business partners to achieve consistent agreement and application of definitions, measurements and interpretation.
***Locations: Preferred location is Fort Mill, SC, but may consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint on a case by case basis.
Base salary range for this role is:
SC-Fort Mill: Min: $58,200 Mid: $82,000 Max: $105,800
CO-Golden: Min: $58,200 Mid: $82,000 Max: $105,800
May be considered for a discretionary bonus.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ for benefits information
***Important Reminder When Applying: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both demonstrated through work or military experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of analytics experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Financial services experience
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Ability to facilitate team meetings or present information to an audience
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Tableau experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ Years of Data Analysis, Modeling and/or Data Driven Reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of Credit bureau reporting and the associated laws (i.e. FCRA, FACTA)
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
SC-Fort Mill: Min: $58,200 Mid: $82,000
SC-Fort Mill: 3476 Stateview Blvd – Fort Mill, SC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.