Unity Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth Ministry and Outreach
The Director of Youth Ministry and Outreach will join the Associate Pastor and other staff
members in ministering to and with youth in grades six through twelve and their families,
develop, organize, and implement programs and activities to that enable youth to encounter
Jesus and create meaningful relationships with one another and the entire congregation, and
foster the development of a personal, spiritual, and abiding relationship with Christ that will
continue throughout life. The Director of Youth Ministry and Outreach will also will other staff
members in dynamic leadership and oversight to the ministries of local, domestic, and global
Spiritual Nourishment and Growth:
● Interface with adult volunteers to effectively execute Christ‐centered youth programs
(grades 6‐12) in an exciting and dynamic environment, including but not limited to Sunday
School, youth groups, Bible Studies, and Prayer Breakfast
● Recommend and facilitate the selection of curriculum for youth programs
● Develop a web of relationships with both youth and adult volunteers to create an
environment in which youth support one another in a Christ‐like manner and adults know
and stay connected to the youth.
● Encourage youth to participate fully in the life of the church and build relationships with
other church members
● Assist in responding to the spiritual needs of youth and their families.
● Plan and lead various retreats and mission trips for Middle and Senior High Youth. Current
schedule includes 2‐3 week long trips in the summer and 2‐3 weekend retreats during the
● Participate in and promote programs, activities, and leadership in Providence Presbytery
● Administer a quality sustainable Youth Ministry program in cooperation with the Associate
Pastor, Youth Ministry Team, church staff, and other leaders.
● Utilize and maintain an effective communication network with youth, parents and the
wider church to ensure awareness and visibility including social media, emails, texts,
newsletters and church website
● Encourage and support fundraising events to supplement the youth budget
● Attend monthly Youth Ministry Team meetings as well as weekly staff meetings
● Plan and implement youth leadership of worship throughout the year.
● Participate in worship leadership as available and requested.
● Provide staff leadership and support to all of the congregation’s mission partnerships (local,
domestic, and global) and the congregation’s benevolent giving as staff liaison to Outreach
Ministry Team. Outreach ministries include (but are not limited to) adult mission trips, CROP
Hunger Walk, Habitat for Humanity projects, hosting families through Family Promise,
special offerings, and mission partner support.
● Coordinate and integrate all of the congregation’s mission partnerships (local, domestic, and
global) into the life of the church, seeking new and generative opportunities for missional
● Engage increasingly greater numbers of people from the congregation in direct, hands‐on
ministry and mission in the community and world.
Other Ministry Areas
● Serve collaboratively as part of program staff, providing leadership and creativity in planning
events and programs for the church; this includes the flexibility and adaptability that is
required in serving on a team.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor or Pastor/Head of Staff.
● Positive and energetic leadership
● Ability to relate to youth and to make the Gospel relevant in their lives.
● Ability to interact with supervisors, staff, and adult church members.
● Proficiency with computers, Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, etc.), Internet,
and Social Media. Knowledge and use of office equipment are also skills required for this
● College educated
● Grounded in Christian faith
● Possess knowledge in Biblical interpretation, Reformed theology, human development, religious
educational theory and practice, and the polity, programs, and mission of the Presbyterian
● Experience in working with a youth program is preferred
● Experience in church missions/outreach/social ministry is preferred