Transaxle Manufacturing of America
Manufacturing Industrial Engineer
Summary: Applies design and manufacturing engineering principles to develop facilities, equipment, fixtures and tooling used in processing or manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze standard work procedures and time-and-motion analysis/Job Safety Analysis (JSA) to promote a safe, efficient and productive assembly processes
- Performs and applies mathematical analysis to determine validity and reliability of work time study data to meet customers demand
- Leads training of Industrial engineer technician(s) on tool management programs that is inclusive of inventory management, installation and program/setup
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of assembly fixtures, tools, prototype model(s) with consideration of safety, quality and productivity to align with company standards and goals.
- Collaborate with assembly manufacturing engineer(s), quality engineer(s) and operations when required to develop new assembly manufacturing tooling and fixture designs.
- Leading expert and owner in smart torque tool installation, setup, configurations and torque strategies for assembly manufacturing processes.
- Develop tooling standards utilizing a lessons learned approach for enhancing designs.
- Utilize Creo CAD software to prepare tooling and fixture designs.
- Prepare new tooling & fixture sources (suppliers) to reduce cost, improve delivery and enhance quality.
- Collaborate with our customers when required for tooling & fixture designs to ensure form, fit and function.
- Embark on Kaizen/Continuous Improvement projects as a normal portion of job duties.
- Participate in cross functional team meetings and activities to foster a spirit of cooperation and collaboration within and between departments to ensure customer order deadlines & expectations are met and work goals are achieved. Contribute to team effort as needed.
- Procure tools and fixtures needed to establish efficient assembly methods that meet the product specifications and aligns with the company’s safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Utilize 3D printed solutions when required to validate and develop prototypes, assembly tooling and fixtures for the assembly manufacturing process.
- In collaboration with the assembly manufacturing engineer and the Kaizen team, create, maintain and control process documentation including standardize work sheets, time study/line balance and Operator Method Sheets (OMS) that will meet safety, quality and productivity goals.
- Provide tactical support to resolve complex manufacturing issues when required.
- Provide Training to assembly support employees (line leaders and seniors), production supervisors and maintenance technicians on new tooling or fixture changes to insure correct operation and methods.
- Assist manufacturing when required on resolving complex tooling and fixtures issues and identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve costs.
- Ensures company 5-S Standards are observed with assigned task and areas of responsibility. (Tooling &Fixtures)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing engineering and technical publications; establishing personal networks.
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university; and two to four years’ of tooling / assembly design in a manufacturing environment.