Sr. Experience Designer
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Sr. Experience Designer will partner with stakeholders and peers to establish product vision, define customer journeys, advocate for users, and craft the experiences that challenge the status quo.
- Partners with stakeholders to establish long-term product vision and roadmaps
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams and project leadership to define and refine scope
- Serves as the experience designer within product teams, with responsibility for success of the overall experience engagement, processes, and outcomes
- Creates engaging, simple to use solutions based on user needs, business goals and design principles
- Represents the needs of the customers within product teams and advocates for users throughout the process
- Organizes and leads design workshops with internal stakeholders
- Gains a deep understanding of user motivations and pain points through research and direct contact with customers and employees
- Iterates rapidly based on analytics, user feedback and technical constraints
- Collects and analyzes user behavior through online experiments, multivariate testing, usability testing or other methods
- Collaborates effectively as part of a team and thinks divergently to explore multiple possible solutions
- Engages to evolve our internal processes by bringing the latest-and-greatest insights from our industry
- Works alongside and with strategic partners and vendors in a “one team” model
- May mentor other designers in research and design methods
Education & Experience:
- 5 – 8 years of work experience as a UX, Experience or Product Designer
- Multiple examples of outstanding product and experience design that you participated in from concept to production
- Demonstrable track record of hands-on design, including a portfolio and/or work samples of your capability to design engaging and intuitive experiences
- Expert collaboration organization and project coordination skills
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Figma, Principle or equivalent design tools preferred
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods and techniques including contextual inquiry, moderated usability testing, and surveys.
- Quick starter and nimble/creative under project and time constraints
- Passion for learning new technologies and design skills
- Service design experience preferred
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.