IT Senior Systems Engineer
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
IT Senior Systems Engineer
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals–the fastest growing rental business in North America–is seeking a IT Senior Systems Engineer. As an IT Senior Systems Engineer, you will maintain, administer, engineer and troubleshoot and provide overall support to the Sunbelt Rentals datacenter and cloud infrastructure.
- System Engineering and Administration– Assist and/or lead in various project and operational needs.
- Install, build, or rebuild new and existing servers: Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide last tier support for escalation.
- Contribute and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, scalable, cost effective solutions.
- Plan and build automated approaches for system administration and maintenance tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Maintain and perform patches and upgrades on a scheduled basis.
- Maintain and upgrade administrative tools, utilities, services, and applications as needed.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Maintain and create documentation for the infrastructure.
- Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
- 5-7 years previous VMWare administration and engineering in a midsized infrastructure.
- 3-5 years Powershell scripting
- 3+ years Linux experience
- Knowledge of Cloud implementation features (OS, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability). Azure experience preferred.
- F5 Load balancer
- Strong ability in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Microsoft Clustering
- Documentation – SharePoint / Visio
- Disaster Recovery Design and implementation
- Technical agility
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study or equivalent experience
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.