INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Internal Communications Manager
Sunbelt’s Internal Communications Manager is equipped for success so we can make it happen for our customers.
The Internal Communications Manager will lead all internal messaging and communications, driving strategic employee engagement to facilitate an informed and connected organization.
- In close collaboration with Marketing, measurably drive increased employee engagement with our Support Office and field employees through integrated employee communications based on an understanding of their needs, pain points and preferred ways to consume information
- Assist in auditing, improving and selecting internal communications systems and platforms
- Drive an Intranet strategy and build an intuitive and comprehensive destination for internal information
- Work closely with the Safety, Health and Environmental team to build and execute communication plans, content and programming
- Create, review and edit content and resources for managers and teams
- Strengthen internal communications based on best practices: Create an annual content strategy and delivery plan that establishes a regular, coordinated rhythm that captures employee attention and impacts their behaviors
- Develop a consistent and planned “voice” for the executive communications to ensure that employees are motivated, committed and engaged by our leadership communications
- Provide ongoing executive messaging, writing, and presentation support
- Collaborate with IT to develop a SOP on governing and maintaining distribution lists
- Develop and manage internal communications campaigns with a strong focus on project management
- Strategically manage calendar of internal events and meetings
- Utilize the Marketo marketing automation platform to build and send internal emails as well as manager and maintain employee data needed to support these sends
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 5 to 7+ years of communications experience
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in internal communications
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker who applies command, discipline and clear judgment to all decisions, and who is curious and willing to think beyond the ordinary
- Must be results-driven: history of success managing “performance-based” communications programs (being able to link communications programs to business results)
- Must be a business-savvy professional with the personal presence and confidence to work across all levels of organization, including the most senior levels, within the company and the ability to collaborate, influence, and work effectively across a large, fast-moving organization
- Be able to demonstrate leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Be mature, credible, patient, hard-working and persuasive
- Must have a willingness to embrace change, adapt strategies on the fly, and work in a matrix environment that is rapidly changing where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm
Must have strong writing skills, with the ability to create engaging content that aligns with our brand
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Safety is key to our culture:
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace: Internal Communications Specialist, Corporate Communications Specialist, Media Relations Specialist, Public Affairs Specialist, Public Information Officer, Public Information Specialist, Public Relations Coordinator (PR Coordinator), Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist), Internal Communications Manager, Internal Communications Coordinator
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Columbia, SC Notification: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.