Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 Company, is a diversified global supplier of hand tools, power tools, accessories, mechanical access solutions, electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems and more. With over 8B in global sales, Stanley Black & Decker is viewed as a world leader in the marketplace. We currently have an opening for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Quality Engineer at our Charlotte, NC location.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will play a central role in CMO’s containment, scrap, and return-to-vendor processes. Will assume responsibility for the organization of the QLTY holding area, and conduct all physical and systematic inventory movements into, out of and within the area. This role will also perform incoming inspections on critical components delivered to the plant, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as site QMS champion and ISO Representative.
- Supervise up to 5 Quality Technicians; oversee all CMO Calibration activities.
- Support corporate quality initiatives/requests and act as a liaison between corporate and CMO site.
- Drive supplier quality actions both proactive and reactive.
- Maintain and improve supplier certifications.
- Manage rejected material/product process.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing/gauging methods, capability studies and establishing quality standards.
- Drive process improvement based on data to successfully reduce scrap and defects over time.
- Act as the main quality contact for New Products.
- Monitor performance and customer satisfaction by analysis of customer returns.
- Participate in and facilitate Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5-year quality engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in PPAP, FMEA, Six Sigma methods, 8D and SPC
- Experience in Metrology practices (i.e. CMM, Vision systems, calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Direct working knowledge of general blueprint reading, GDT and capability to perform GRR
- In-depth experience with Quality Management Systems and thorough knowledge of ISO 9001: Quality and EHS Policies
- Results oriented, high-energy self-starter, proactive work ethic, collaborative and data driven
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.