Stanley Black & Decker
Production Assembler- 2nd Shift
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 Company, is a diversified global supplier of hand tools, power tools, accessories, mechanical access solutions, electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems and more. With over 8B in global sales, Stanley Black & Decker is viewed as a world leader in the marketplace. We currently have an opening for a dynamic individual to join our team as an Assembler at our Fort Mill, SC location.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for assembling products per work instructions. Ability to rotate through tasks required in a production process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reads work instructions and follow established procedures.
- Aligns material and put together parts to build complex units.
- Performs visual Inspections to identify specific defects according to work instructions.
- Complete appropriate reports as required.
- Rejects components that don’t meet the quality criteria as indicated in work instructions.
- Ensure that sub-assembly packs are placed in the pallet(fixture), separately, to prevent any damage.
- Rework defective product as instructed as excess of plastic by using heat guns, pliers, utility knives, etc.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Provide support on other positions within the area. Participate in cross-training activities
- Ensure the use of personal protective equipment.
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts.
- Maintains a clean, organize and safe work area.
Other duties may be assigned to meet the business needs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Teamwork oriented
- Ability to be proactive
- Good communication skills
- Comply with 5S program
- Comply with SB&D Safety guidelines
- Ability to understand and comprehend instructions for safety and quality
- Comply with all work instructions as determined by ISO standards
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Ability to lift/move up to 45 pounds independently
- Standing, kneeling, stooping and bending in a production environment
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, retirement savings, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. This facility is a free smoke environment.