Senior Bindery & Finishing Operator
Searching for high level Bindery talent for our state of the art facility in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Relocation assistance potentially available!
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
4th Shift: Friday – Sunday + every other Thursday
Reasons you’ll love working at Shutterfly:
- Relocation assistance is potentially available
- Health & Safety is our top priority
- Competitive hourly pay and regular opportunity for Overtime
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start) & Paid Holidays
- On-the-job training and career development
- Annual Performance Reviews with opportunity for pay increases
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facilities
- Casual, relaxed attire
- Competitive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
What you’ll do here:
- Operate and maintain high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment including Muller Martini (Acoro, Alegro, Diamant, Horauf, Vareo, Merit, Sigma), MBO cutters, Standard Horizon finishing equipment, LaserMax, and other equipment including UV Coaters, sewers, stitchers, cutters, laminators, etc.
- Serve as the owner of equipment in the department, providing tech support, performing pit stops and preventative maintenance, unassisted
- Trains other Operators and potentially travels to other company sites
- Ensures JSA’s are accurate and up to date, including ongoing support and mentorship
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with others, cross-functionally and act as a mentor on the team
- Able to fill in for a Lead and communicate across shifts.
- Escalates for critical equipment & decision-making needs.
- Safety Committee Participation
The skills you’ll bring:
- Highly skilled in operation of high speed Bindery and Finishing equipment listed above with a minimum of 7 years OR equivalent experience
- Technical certifications for relevant equipment preferred
- Experience planning, performing and documenting routine preventative maintenance, unassisted
- Ability to perform Lock Out Tag Out procedures on equipment as needed, unassisted
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve equipment issues, unassisted
- Basic understanding of the following principles: Pneumatics, Mechanical, PLC, ACDC Drives, Multimeter basics, Basic Electricity & Electronics
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and affinity for detail for quality control purposes
- Experience working with high voltage equipment (480V)
- Able to stand for long periods of time (12 hours+), lift up to 50 lbs., crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment