MACHINE OPERATOR LEVEL 2
1st – Mon-Thurs. 4 am – 4 pm
2nd – Mon-Thurs. 4 pm – 4 am
3rd – Thurs-Sun. 4 am – 4 pm
4th – Thurs-Sun. 4 pm – 4 am
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed is required
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and/or bindery equipment (for example: Digital Press operator (HP), Bindery operator, Inserter operator, MBO operator, Die cutter operator, UV coater, Folder operator, Muller Martini, Brausse, Sewer, Stitcher, CMC).
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition – request maintenance as required.
- Inspect for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognize when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards defined by the company
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Work closely with other employees and contractors to meet production goals
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and an affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Must have good, consistent work ethic and the ability to learn quickly, and make good decisions
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with leadership, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms.
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operations