Machine Operator 2
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
3rd Shift Hours: Thurs – Sun, 4am – 4pm
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed is required
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and/or bindery equipment (for example: Digital Press operator (HP), Bindery operator, Inserter operator, MBO operator, Die cutter operator, UV coater, Folder operator, Muller Martini, Brausse, Sewer, Stitcher, CMC).
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition – request maintenance as required.
- Inspect for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment.
- Recognize when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework.
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards defined by the company
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Work closely with other employees and contractors to meet production goals
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks and an affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Must have good, consistent work ethic and the ability to learn quickly, and make good decisions
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with leadership, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms.