2ND SHIFT – PREPRODUCTION LEAD
The Preproduction Lead is responsible for leading all activities required in Portrait Prelab across multiple product lines (eg: Sports, Underclass, etc.). This includes but not limited to event receiving and uploading, data/image match, and portrait image beautification activities. In addition, this position will support Yearbook Prepress cover and page submission activities as necessary. This critical leadership role is expected to assist the Preproduction Shift Manager in providing daily direction to Preproduction associates, efficient shift transitions, and training as required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with others to establish work-in-process priorities and a smooth workflow through Preproduction departments.
- Effectively utilize critical leadership competencies such as effective communication, relating to others, managing the work environment, performance and administration, and maintaining a “can-do” attitude.
- Lead team meetings to develop and communicate daily goals and objectives, team performance, site announcements, process changes, team updates, etc.
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard work that aligns with “best way” methodologies across all Preproduction sites.
- Provide timely team and individual feedback regarding safety, quality, delivery, customer service and productivity performance.
- Monitor work-in-process and pursue corrective actions to ensure work is moving in a timely manner.
- Assist in ensuring consistent application of company policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective transition and communication between shift changes.
- Effectively interact with other production and support departments as needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as necessary.
- Perform other projects or duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of computers is required. This includes but is not limited to file creation, folder manipulation, server navigation, troubleshooting, and image quality evaluation.
- Prior leadership experience is a huge plus.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Technical ability to troubleshoot and resolve daily production issues.
- Proficient Photoshop skills are required
- Ability to learn Lifetouch and Shutterfly proprietary software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- The ability to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to promote a team based, “can do” environment is critical
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.