Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Manufacturing Quality Engineer for our in Fort Mill, SC location. This position will support the Quality department and responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Attend meetings of new and/or changed products, review and develop the appropriate control plans using the process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and AIAG checklist to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Train operators in basic Statistical Process Control.
- Participate on 8D Problem Solving Teams. 5 why analysis.
- Assist on any special projects, sample, customer complaints, and manufacturing problems which are quality related.
- PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Assists Quality Manager and Segment Leader with resolution of customer issues: assists with containment, leads problem solving teams, performs/coordinates analysis of defects to include product measurement, gage set-up, and record reviews.
- Provides guidance to operators regarding metrology, charting, record keeping, and control of non-conforming material.
- Participates in machine acceptance (Gage R&R), process capability, and run-at-rate studies.
- Conducts process audits, including corrective action verifications.
- Help reduce in-process scrap. Lead scrap reduction teams
- Assist in making sure that any product on HOLD is managed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation for any internal/external audits.
- Travels as required to support customer issues and/or to acquire process/product knowledge.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related Sciences and/or experience in a quality related field.
- Knowledgeable in TS 16949 / ISO 9901 quality guidelines.
- Basic knowledge in Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints as well as familiar with geometric characteristics and symbols.
- Must have good Computer skills and knowledge. (Especially Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. Minitab)
- Trained in Statistical Process Control and able to apply statistical techniques to Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies, Process Capability Studies, DOE and control charts.
- Trained in problem solving methodology and able to organize and lead problem solving teams.
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill