Group Leader – Leadership & Talent Management
Schaeffler, a global, automotive, and industrial supplier is seeking a Group Leader of Leadership and Talent Management for our Fort Mill, SC location. This position is responsible for the leadership and talent management framework for the Americas region, designs and coordinates the Group Engineer program, manages leadership initiatives and tools, optimizes succession planning, acts as counselor for Individual Development Plans to sustain career paths and support to achieve the business goals and create internal bench of talent. The Group Leader will provide day-to-day supervision to the Leadership and Talent Management Department staff to ensure the most effective use of resources
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Make decisions regarding short-term and long-term objectives for the leadership and talent management concept, process, and maintenance of the systems across the Americas region, and issue work instructions to subordinates to carry out tasks to achieve those objectives.
- Set the strategy for Global Talent Management in the Americas region based on the framework defined by headquarters.
he organization through the performance management cycle including but not limited to: goal setting, continuous feedback dialogue, end-of-year performance appraisals, development planning, calibrations, upward feedback, 360 feedback etc.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and direction to the Leadership and Talent Management team.
- Monitor employee work performance, providing informal and formal work appraisals in real-time and during formal performance review process.
- Engage in collaborative leadership with other leaders in various departments, including local HR Business Partners and other members of the Leadership Team to successfully implement and sustain the leadership and talent management programs.
- Oversee and administer the Group Engineer program, ensuring effective execution of the concept and process to align engineering talent with business needs.
- Issue directives for recruitment efforts, review candidate qualifications, and make decisions regarding hiring, retention, development, assignment, career path, and general employment of Group Engineers.
- Lead by example, serving as a coach and counselor to facilitate individual development planning for Group Engineers.
- Exercise responsibility over the budget and manage the expenses of the Group Engineer program.
- Oversee key performance indicators on implementation of the leadership initiatives and tools, talent management process, and issue directives regarding adjustments for improvement.
- Benchmark with the HQ in Germany, Schaeffler worldwide and market best practices regarding leadership and talent management, and direct implementation and application internally.
- Partner with the Schaeffler Academy regional lead and team to manage the training needs and development gaps identified during the talent management process.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent education in a related field, plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the ability to take ownership, and to exercise a very high degree of individual initiative and creativity.
- Ability to establish trust and a reputation for discretion, sound judgment and advice as well as build rapport across the organizational levels.
- Must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills, including persuasive negotiation skills and presentation skills.
- Must be experienced and skilled in strategic leadership and people/talent development planning and assessment.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office software with advanced level Excel Skills.
- Experience in Success Factors Performance and Goals Management Module and Succession and Development Module preferred
- Must be willing and able to travel
Schaeffler is and Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Training & Development
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill