Customs Operations Specialist
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Customs Operations Specialist for our Fort Mill, SC location. This role is responsible for processing imports and exports expediently, efficiently and correctly under the Regulations of the U.S. while ensuring compliance and on-time customer satisfaction. To reduce or eliminate, as possible, related costs to Schaeffler (i.e. duty, fees, etc.) and maintaining required data through reporting, auditing, record keeping as required. Acquire data, interpret acquired data and make recommendations regarding master data elements and compliance processes and procedures.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process and coordinate imported merchandise New processing in development to use SAP.
- Process exported merchandise ensuring compliance with Federal Export Regulations. Processing export documentation as required by country specific requirements and U.S. export controls.
- EEI filings through ACE Customs Portal.
- Coordinate and process transactions through foreign suppliers, Logistics Service. Providers and Customs broker.
- Maintain master material records for foreign trade requirements, i.e. tariff codes, schedule B codes.
- Support US and Regional Customs Operation Team as required or requested, including but not limited to, producing and distributing various imports/exports related statistical and summary reports, customs related activities and internal financial reporting including anti-dumping and duty reports.
- Assist in regulated auditing of documents and processes to ensure compliance with federal laws and requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of and apply import/export regulations, rate changes and anti-dumping laws corresponding to the importation/exportation of bearings, automotive and other relevant goods, as well as the Harmonized Tariff Regulations and Schedule B.
- Provide parts descriptions, part classifications, duty rates, etc. to broker’s and Schaeffler internal personnel as needed or required.
- Maintain shipment information, entry documentation files, NAFTA files, etc. required to meet Customs regulatory requirements for such documentation.
- Assist in supporting requirements, audits, etc. to ensure C-TPAT (security) program for Schaeffler.
- Support, contribute, improve and integrate the MOVE environment in the foreign trade department.
- Performs other duties and projects as required or assigned.
- Associates degree required
- 2 years experience preferred in Foreign Trade
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill