Customer Quality Engineer
Schaeffler Group USA, an automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Customer Quality Engineer in Fort Mill, SC. This position is responsible for “championing” all PPAP activities, IMDS activities, “support” their external counterpart with respect to Customer Complaints, Pilot/Functional Product Runoffs, Returned Part Analysis-Warranty Analysis including Customer-Driven Warranty Reviews.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Voice to Customer
- Initiates and coordinates the activities surrounding Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Attend meetings of new and/or changed products, review and develop the appropriate control plans using the process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and AIAG checklist to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in preparation of PPAP submission requirements.
- Participate on 8D Problem Solving Teams and 5 Why analysis
- Assist on any special projects, sample, customer complaints, and manufacturing problems which are quality related.
- PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Assist Quality Manager and Segment Leader with resolution of Customer issues; assist with containment, leads problem solving teams, performs/coordinates analysis of defects to include product measurement, gage set-up, and record reviews.
- Provides guidance to operators regarding metrology, charting, record keeping, and control of non-conforming material.
- Participates in machine acceptance (Gage R&R), process capability, and run-at-rate studies.
- Conducts process audits, including corrective action verifications and LPAs.
- Assist in making sure that any product on HOLD is managed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation for any internal/external audits.
- Travels as required to support customer issues and/or to acquire process/product knowledge.
- Support preparation for TS 16949 audit.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor Degree in related Sciences and/or experience in a quality related field.
- Knowledgeable in TS 16949 / ISO 9901 quality guidelines.
- Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments.
- Able to apply statistical techniques to Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies, Process Capability Studies, and control charts.
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge (especially in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints as well as familiar with geometric characteristics and symbols.
- Trained in problem solving methodology and able to organize and lead problem solving teams.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill