Ball Inspection Intern
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Ball Inspection Intern for our Fort Mill, SC location. This position is responsible for helping devise an inspection procedure and act as the go-between with IT, Quality, the machine supplier, and Technology.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Have knowledge of Access and Excel to aid in development of Image acquisition and recognition.
- Learn basic measuring dynamics of Metrology in Aerospace methodology to create in parallel, intelligent coding that will interface with Mahr Surf CM Explorer System.
- Support with open stage/indexing through coding ex. Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Work with and alongside supplier programmers; practice all skills as described.
- Coding: interpret, engineer, reverse engineer coding applicable in the following areas;
- Pattern Recognition
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining/KDD (Knowledge discovery in databases)
- Neurocomputing: Facts based on decision making
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Equivalent
- Proficient in learning new software e.g Machine Learning, Python, Computer Vision, C++, Linux.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office packages (particularly MS Excel)
- Ideal but not required: Understand basics of image recognition applications/software such as Microsoft Computer Vision API or IBM Watson Visual Recognition
- Ideal but not required: Basics in GD&T and GPS (Geometric Product Specification)
- Ideal but not required: CAD model coding/understanding of- basic
- Strong interpretation and handling of software coding types
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill