Apprentice Program Spring 2021 – Skilled Setup Operator Trade
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Apprentices for the Skilled Setup Operator Trade for our Fort Mill, SC facility. The apprentice program is three and a half (3.5) years in length and is comprised of two main components; academic/shop theory studies at York Technical College (YTC) and on-the-job training (OJT) at one of our three facilities located on our Fort Mill campus.
Why become an Apprentice?
Tuition, Books, Tools, and Uniforms are paid for by Schaeffler
Apprentices are paid throughout the entire program
Apprentices receive valuable Classroom and On-The-Job Training and become an internal source for filling key jobs involving new products and technologies
Upon completion of the program, graduating apprentices will receive an Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology or Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance from York Technical College and a Journeyman Certificate from the United States Department of Labor
Key responsibilities include:
- Complete 7,000 hours of training, which includes the College Program and on-the-job training in our manufacturing facilities (Production areas).
- OJT is rotational and will include, but is not limited to:
- Working in manufacturing areas to gain the ability to know / recognize parts to ensure product flow and organization.
- Operating and controlling furnaces and auxiliary equipment.
- Operating stamping presses, which involves using an overhead lift to manipulate rolls of steel into the press.
- Inspecting parts by using gauges and lab equipment. Must also maintain inspection records.
- Delivery of parts to required workstations in a timely manner; which requires lifting and operation of hand truck/tugger.
- Must interpret blueprints and use measures machine to ensure the production quality.
- Successfully complete, to the Company’s specification, courses of study required for the Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology to include, but not limited to:
- Applied Mathematics
- Blueprint Reading
- Precision Measuring Instruments
- Basic Machine Shop Theory & Practice
- Basic Metallurgy & Heat Treating
- Technical Writing
- Human Relations
- Metric System
- OSHA / Safety
- CNC Theory & Practice
- Drive Systems & Power Trains
Qualified candidates will have:
High School Diploma or GED
Successfully place into the minimum Math and Reading levels for the Apprenticeship Curriculum via the Compass Placement Test (required for school admission);
Measure mechanical aptitude by taking the Bennett’s Mechanical
Ability to move or lift 35 pounds
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
United States-South Carolina-Fort Mill