Rock Hill Schools
Human Resource Assistant @ CO
High school diploma required, post high school/Associate Degree preferred
Strong background and experience in using a PC environment
Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Applications) required and experience with web page design software preferred
Experience in managing a database and working with data files
Exceptional typing, filing, organizational and record-keeping skills required
Strong desire to fulfill job requirements and expectations; self motivated
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with Board members, supervisors, staff, teachers and the general public required
Outstanding references from current and former supervisors required
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report required
Salary Range: Support Services Salary Schedule, Group 4
Length of Contract: 12 months (prorated for days left in school year)
Deadline for applications: November 20, 2020
Starting Date: January 5, 2021
College transcripts, three references, and a copy of appropriate credentials should also be submitted during the application process.
Prior to employment, the District will request a criminal record history check for past action of crimes. For this reason, information about date of birth, gender, and race is requested as a part of the application process.
The district reserves the right to make changes to the job posting/description as necessary to meet the district’s needs.
HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
to CHIEF OF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
The job of the HR Assistant to the Chief of Human Resources Officer is done for the purpose/s of providing a wide variety of complex and confidential clerical support to assigned administrator; communicating information on behalf of administrator to school and district staff, other districts, public agencies, etc; ensuring compliance of department/program activities with financial, legal and administrative requirements; and acting as liaison between the Administrator and other parties, providing information, addressing issues and/or providing general support. Ensuring human resource procedures conform to district policies; providing information to potential applicants on positions within the district and processing applicants efficiently.
This job reports to the Chief of Human Resources Officer.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. agenda items, payroll, budget, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Completes teacher loan forms for the purpose of providing confirmation of employment status and validity of employment dates for current teacher loans evaluation by the loan originators.
- Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agenda, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and meetings (e.g. overnight business trips, meetings, site in-service day activities, workshops, travel and accommodations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
- Maintains inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Maintains variety of employment files and records for the purpose of maintaining complete and accurate personnel files according to district policy and employment laws and/or regulations.
- Monitors a variety of processes (e.g. application, eligibility, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing position requirements and adhering to legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other duties to include but not limited to opening/distributing mail, handling incoming calls regarding job vacancies as well as clerical support for district Sick Leave Bank for the purpose of providing administrative and clerical support as necessary.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. At-Will Agreements, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting employment activity, providing written documentation and/or conveying information.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. applications, recommendations, changes in employment status, credential renewals, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, applicants, creditors, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Supports Chief of Human Resources Officer for the purpose of providing assistance with administrative functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: extensive computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Google Applications), typing skills 55 wpm, planning and managing projects.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups, customer service etiquette a must; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to affect the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Community College and/or Vocational School degree with study in job related area preferred.
Pre-employment TB Test
Certificates & Licenses
Continuing Educ. / Training
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance