Rock Hill Schools
Campus Security Associate @ Safety and Security
High school diploma or equivalent required
Security or emergency response training preferred
Knowledge of video surveillance systems preferred
Maintain logs, reports, and necessary administrative protocols following a school emergency or inquiry
Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation
Ability to demonstrate positive public relations skills
Ability to work independently to accomplish multiple tasks
Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to different publics (employees, applicants, etc.)
Possess a current and valid driver’s license and submit it upon request
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
Outstanding references from current and former supervisors required
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report required
Salary Range: Support Services Salary Schedule, Group 5
Length of Contract: 185 days/7.5 hours per day
Starting Date: As soon as position is filled
College transcripts, three references, and a copy of appropriate credentials should also be submitted during the application process.
Prior to employment, the District will request a criminal record history check for past action of crimes. For this reason, information about date of birth, gender, and race is requested as a part of the application process
The district reserves the right to make changes to the job posting/description as necessary to meet the district’s needs.
CAMPUS SECURITY ASSOCIATE
The job of Campus Security Associate are uniform, non-sworn personnel and is done for the purpose/s of working with the Principal in providing security for the school staff, students, buildings and property through patrol of school building(s) and building perimeters, including parking lots, to prevent unauthorized visitors or property damage and to provide for general building security.
This job reports to the Director of Safety and Security and the Building Principal.
- Serves as a member of the campus safety team assisting with emergency preparedness drills, maintaining an emergency evacuation kit, providing input on the site-based safety plan and providing school safety training
- Oversees and participates in security inspections of school facilities
- Develops and periodically monitors a reporting system designed to detect security issues in school facilities
- Makes recommendations to correct security issues once identified
- Participates in risk identification and provides preventive options to the Administrative team
- Assists with building security equipment, school safety assessments and metal detection equipment
- Assists the Administrative team with student disciplinary issues
- Participates in providing security for all occupants of school buildings and grounds
- Helps prevent unauthorized visitors from entering school buildings and/or loitering on school grounds
- Informs counselors, parents, teachers and school administrators of student behavior problems
- Assists with investigations, upon request, regarding cases of legal residency of students
- Assists the Safety and Security Department in providing crowd control at extra-curricular activities and special events
- Assists the Safety and Security Department and local law enforcement on crime prevention implementation
- Maintains liaison with police, fire and other municipal departments to ensure maximum use of their services in order to provide adequate security and safety
- Prepares reports and assists in special assignments as directed
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks specific skill in observing and detecting unusual occurrences or behavior; ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar,
e-mail and database software; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, school personnel, subordinates and the general public; ability to maintain records and prepare written reports; initiative; sound judgment; tact; courtesy; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions; Specific knowledge in police and security techniques; good knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques employed in establishing and maintaining building security;
ABILITY is required to be trained in appropriate physical restraint training as provided by the school system. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment.
Responsibilities include working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 30% sitting, 40% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment.
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience required; A combination of experience and college degree may be considered in lieu of 3 years of experience
Previous law enforcement or military experience preferred
High School Diploma or GED required
Pre-employment TB Test
Certificates & Licenses
Must hold or be able to obtain within 12 months of employment date: National Incident Management System Certification Levels 100, 200 and 700. CPR & AED Certified.
Continuing Educ. / Training
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report; outstanding references from current and