Rock Hill Schools
Administrative Assistant at Central Office
High school diploma required, associate degree preferred
At least five years of general financial/accounting experience preferred
Strong background and experience in using a PC environment
Exceptional typing, filing, organizational and record keeping skills
Strong desire to fulfill job requirements and expectations, self motivated
Ability to be an independent thinker and a team player
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision
Ability to work effectively with Board members, supervisors, staff, teachers and the general public
Outstanding references from current and former supervisors
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report
Salary Range: Support Services Salary Schedule, Group 4
Length of Contract: 12 months/8 hours per day (prorated for days left in school year)
Starting Date: Immediately upon selection
College transcripts, three references, and a copy of appropriate credentials should also be submitted during the application process.
Prior to employment, the District will request a criminal record history check for past action of crimes. For this reason, information about date of birth, gender, and race is requested as a part of the application process.
FINANCE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer, the Finance Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support for the Chief Finance Officer and Finance department; communicating information on behalf of the Chief Finance Officer to school and district staff, other districts, public agencies, etc.; ensuring compliance of department/program activities with financial, legal and administrative requirements; and acting as liaison between the Chief Finance Officer and other parties, providing information, addressing issues and/or providing general support.
This position reports to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Assists the Chief Finance Officer in answering phone calls from a variety of internal and external parties, greeting visitors, responding to inquiries, scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, reports, and filing of various documents.
- Maintains and reconciles the Finance department budget, purchase orders, p-card transactions, and employee absences.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, researching and negotiating with vendors, obtaining quotes, placing orders, and ensuring compliance with the District’s procurement code and internal controls.
- Responsible for daily cash collections and deposits to ensure monetary transactions are completed and in compliance with District policies and procedures.
- Participates in trainings, workshops, etc., as required for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information to perform job functions.
- Compiles financial information related to work assignments and as requested for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Assists with special Finance projects as directed by Chief Finance Officer.
- Assists with fiscal year end, audit preparation, and budget preparation.
- Prepares correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, and filing of various documents.
- Performs general clerical and Finance related functions for the purpose of supporting the Chief Finance Officer and Finance department activities.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and meetings for the purpose of ensuring availability of facilities and/or equipment and delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
- Assists in meeting preparation, setup, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Communicate tactfully and courteously with diverse groups.
- Provides coverage at reception desk per schedule or as needed.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: extensive computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), typing skills 55 wpm, planning and managing projects.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups, customer service etiquette a must; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to affect the Organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Job related experience in accounting is required.
Targeted job related education that meets organization’s prerequisite requirements.
Certificates & Licenses
Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report; outstanding references from current and former employers