Visit York County
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Job Title: Vice-President of Finance and Administration
Reports To: President/CEO
Summary: Directs administrative, financial, and human resource affairs of the Bureau, including developing and implementing procedures, and preparing financial reports and statements.
Overview: Visit York County is an organization of five professionals working in their downtown office in Rock Hill, SC. The mission of Visit York County is to create a thriving travel and tourism economy in York County, SC.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary starting at $60,000
Medical, dental, and vision (PEBA)
SCRS Retirement Plan (State Retirement)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directs all financial matters for Visit York County
• Serves as the finance liaison to the Visit York County Board of Commissioners
• Works with President/CEO to create the fiscal year budget annually to be presented to the Board of Commissioners
• Works with staff to maintain budget control and goals within assigned market segments
• Oversees all documentation of organization financial records
• Works with a contracted accounting firm to provide an annual audit of the organization
• Oversees all banking, cash flow, deposits, and monthly reconciliation
• Responsible for biweekly accounts payables and weekly accounts receivables
• Coordinates the creation and Reporting of P&L to President/CEO and Board Treasurer
• Maintains personnel files to ensure compliance including new employee paperwork, W-4 forms, retirement, benefits, health insurance, etc.
• Oversees state health insurance and retirement benefits including liaison to the state office, monthly and quarterly payments, additions, and changes for employees
• Creates and maintains a formal new hire onboarding process
• Works with payroll service provider for biweekly payroll, changes in insurance benefits/premiums, vacation or sick time used, bonus compensation, commission, or salary changes
• Serves as Bureau liaison for contracted services including but not limited to IT, janitorial, copier, postage, office lease, phones, security, internet, pest control, etc.
• Manages Post Office box and all incoming and outgoing mail
• Collects and assembles annual staff goals into a presentation format
• Reviews and updates annual property insurance coverage as required by the SC Insurance Reserve Fund.
• Maintains Destination International Accreditation status through annual progress renewal, as well as 4-year and 8-year application
• Prepares and oversees office’s technology plan (replacement and purchase of computers, laptops, iPads, servers, cell phones)
• Serves as Bureau liaison for contracted payroll distribution, financial auditor, and computer maintenance
Grants & Reimbursements:
• Prepares all municipality and county Accommodations Tax and Hospitality Tax grant applications
• Oversees quarterly, biannual, and annual documentation (copy of invoice, copy of the check, copy of the canceled check, proof of performance) for reimbursements to municipality and county grant applications
• Responsible for applying to all state grants and the reimbursement of the process associated with the grant
• Completes any closeout forms or reporting for all grants
• Actively seeks and applies for new, creative funding sources including local, state, regional, and federal grants that would benefit Visit York County
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Recognizes the importance of customer service
- Proven ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Human Resources experience preferred
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Occasional weekend and evening assignments
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for the completed application is May 25th, 2022.