Williams & Fudge, Inc.
Network Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
At Williams & Fudge Inc., our goal is to assist colleges and universities in achieving and maintaining low default rates for all campus based federal and private loan programs as well as other Financial Institutions in recovering several types of defaulted debt. Williams & Fudge’s professional approach to collections is designed to maximize the recovery of lost monies for the loan programs and other financial institution’s receivables.
Would you like to work for an organization that has been voted one of the “Best Places to Work” by our employees, 12 years in a row? Williams & Fudge, Inc. is looking to expand our team – a mid to senior level network engineer to manage our network, VOIP/SIP, and information security systems, along with shared management of datacenter systems. This position is located at our corporate headquarters inside the Historic Old Cotton Factory in downtown Rock Hill, SC. This is a hybrid position, working both in the office and remotely.
What will I be doing?
· Completely own the top to bottom management of core network hardware (Cisco/Nexus), firewalls (Palo Alto), wireless networking (Aerohive), SIP gateways (Cisco CUBE), CUCM, Expressway, Unity, Livevox hosted call center, call flow, caller ID management, multiple internet and MPLS circuits, vendor contracts, upgrades, maintenance, installation, etc.
· Learn about and integrate bleeding-edge technologies into our new and existing applications and connectivity
· Partner with other members of the team for shared responsibility of security products and servers, such as our SIEM, NIDS, and HIDS
· Ensure the availability, stability, and security of the network/telephony environments by designing highly available/fault tolerant systems in accordance with traditional and cutting-edge disaster recovery and information security principles
· Manage, and partner with other team members in the implementation of, projects that include connectivity to third party vendors and/or cloud-based technologies, including encryption of data.
· Assist the IT team as directed/needed in their functional areas, including Help Desk, server administration, datacenter services (Nutanix, VMware, etc.), etc.
· You must be local to the area and be able to work in the office or at home. This position will be on-call for serious outages.
· A deep knowledge of application transport, voice and network infrastructure protocols with at least two years of experience
· Experience with modern datacenter technologies such as Nutanix, Rubrik, and VMware
· Experience with modern firewall and security (NIDS, HIDS, SIEM, etc.) products such as Palo Alto, Crowdstrike, Checkpoint, Wazuh, Elastic (ELK) Stack, Owl, etc.
· Demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through three (3) years of previous work and/or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
· Demonstrated understanding and implementation of security and data protection
· Ability to work autonomously and with others
· Passionate about: documentation, data security, change management, diagramming, continuous learning, measuring results and learning from them, cost control, clear and concise communication (oral and written), building relationships and trust with team members, and efficient time management.
Why join us?
· Professional, family atmosphere where we WORK-PLAY-GIVE.
· Named a Training Top 125 Winner for 2019, 2020, and 2021.
· Relaxed dress code, flexible work hours and ability to work from home.
· Coffee shop and brewery on campus with food trucks visiting multiple times a week for lunch.
· Employee appreciation events throughout the year.
· Ample opportunities to give back to the community.
· A comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and options for Life Disability insurance after 60 days of employment.
· Wellness Programs and Health Incentives.
· Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with generous company match.
· Named a “Best Places to Work in Collections” since 2009!
· Traffic in Rock Hill is much better than Charlotte!
· Downtown Rock Hill is quickly becoming an exciting place to work
· This is a hybrid position that is partially in our Corporate Office in Rock Hill, SC and working remotely.
Williams & Fudge Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.