Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Member Support Specialist
This employee is responsible for answering inquiries and resolving problems received in the Member Support Center from members and other credit union employees. The MSS must be knowledgeable in all areas of branch services to include deposit and other member services in order to provide informed, prompt, accurate, courteous and professional service to all members, potential members and credit union employees. This position requires a basic knowledge of collection and recovery procedures such as No Bounce repayment plans. This employee must have a general working knowledge of IRA operations, ACH processing, payroll processing, EFT services, credit card and debit card processing including the PEMCO system, the processing and collections of share drafts, E-services and Bold Chat.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Receive incoming member calls, emails and chats, determine the nature of their request, and make every reasonable attempt to answer the inquiry, to complete the request, or to resolve the problem in a timely manner and without transferring the member to another department.
• Provide basic member service as requested to include: ~Process changes to member names, addresses, or other related account file maintenance requested by the member, including changes to payroll or ACH transactions. ~Answer general member account inquiries concerning share and loan accounts. ~Process requests for stop payments, copies of share drafts, and copies of statements. ~Process member requests for withdrawals, transfers between accounts, and transfers to make loan payments including mortgage. ~Assist members with new or maturing share certificates, to include quoting current rates, preparing documents, and making transfers as requested by the member. ~Process the necessary warnings and account blocks when a member reports a lost or stolen checkbook, ATM card, Visa credit card or Visa debit card. ~Assist members with general IRA inquiries and refer transactions to IRA specialists within the Call Center. ~Assist members with debit card and credit card related questions with the use of PEMCO.
• Conduct the necessary research to resolve member problems and complaints, to include timely and complete follow through, accurate documentation and resolving the issue to the member’s satisfaction.
• Cross-sell credit union products and services through Synapsys based upon the needs and requests of the member, to include actively persuading members to use more on-line electronic services.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Excellent written and oral communication skills to include delivering outstanding member service by telephone and chat.
Ability to make decisions which are consistent with credit union policy without compromising our mission and core values.
Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to include research and the ability to follow through on problems until resolved.
Experience with Symitar Episys software or must have received a high score on entry level Technology assessment.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Extensive knowledge of all credit union products.
Knowledge and Skills:
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
A high school education is required, with additional education desired. Work experience will also be considered.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Good listening and telephone skills; experience with automated data processing systems including PC, software programs and mainframe system.