Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Responsible for assisting the VP of IT with the general oversight and supervision of most aspects of the department. Overall responsibility for maintaining the network and network equipment, servers, operating systems and communication links. Overall responsibility of managing the day to day operations of the credit union transaction systems. Assist in managing the virtual server infrastructure and storage area network. Manage and act as an escalation point for IT Help Desk for end user technical issues. Oversee and implement system enhancements, patches, and special projects to improve the reliability, security, and functionality of the credit union environment. Manage staffing, special projects, vendors, and budgets related to enhancements and operations of the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead direct reports and other staff.
• Assist in overseeing all back-office functions associated with the credit union’s
transaction systems including processing, backups, upgrades, maintenance, and new
• Provide support and oversight for the Credit Union’s network and security infrastructure,
PC, servers, and applications which includes planning, implementing, maintaining and
troubleshooting network and system hardware and software during and after normal
• Direct and oversee significant projects, manage vendors, and budgets related to IT
• Participate and lead in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and execute
to validate system recovery within prescribed guidelines.
• Create and maintain system and application documentation of environments, processes,
procedures. Recommend and update changes as needed.
• Apply operations system updates, patches, configuration changes across platforms.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Ensure prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
2. Identify opportunities to improve services to the credit union and/or its members through use of new products and technologies.
3. Anticipate system and network security/integrity risks and ensure adequate safeguards.
4. Ensure that network systems, users, security and environments are established, updated and maintained on a regular basis.
5. Provide system support services on-site and via telephone during working hours and on-call after normal working hours. Communicate at a high level both written and verbally.
6. Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and employees.
7. Manage the resources dedicated to supporting automation and implement solutions that improve operational efficiencies and reduce manual processes and work flows.
8. Manage projects and vendors to complete objectives on time and on budget.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Five to Seven years of similar or related experience.
Education (1) A four-year college degree is required.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Can communicate at a high level with both technical and non-technical staff in both verbal and written forms.
1. Experience with Corelation core processing system.
2. Experience managing LAN/WAN environment with an emphasis on redundancy and security.
3. Experience participating in information security and cyber security audits, mitigating and responding to findings and proactive activities to improve information and cyber security posture.
4. Experience managing firewalls and other security devices.
5. Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory 2012 and/or 2016.
6. Experience managing Windows 10 client operating systems and Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
7. Experience managing Microsoft stack of applications including Exchange, Skype, Office, and/or others. Experience with managing Office 365 a plus.
8. Experience with VoIP telecommunications systems.
9. Experience with VMware vSphere and other related VMware technologies.
10. Experience with SAN technologies.
11. Experience with scripting via batch files and/or PowerShell.
12. Ability to work well in a project team environment and manage projects as assigned.
13. Ability to manage and create project and operational budgets.
14. Ability to manage 3rd party vendors and partners to meet operational timeline and budget requirements.
15. Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
16. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
17. Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.