Coroplast Tape Corporation
Human Resources Generalist
Position Summary: The Human Resources (“HR”) Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for the coordination of daily HR activities with minimal supervision. Duties include supporting the organization through work in several areas of human resources, which may include coordinating employment activities, receiving and acting on employee relations issues, administering employee records, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations, recommending and coordinating employee training activities and administering compensation, benefits and performance programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HR Administration: 50%
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists in the creation of monthly HR statistical and ad hoc reports for CTC management and Corporate headquarters. (Monthly: HR Metrics,Head Count Report, Rolling Turnover Report, Head Count Deviation Report, Birthday Report, Anniversary Report, Bi-Weekly: FSA Deduction Report, Labor Distribution Report)
- Coordinates and/or conducts employee HR training, including but not limited to, anti-harassment and safety. (Annual Compliance Trainings)
- Assists in training management on interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, and anti-harassment. (HR Documentation Training)
- Maintains company’s building access system database. Activates and revokes building access and issues company ID badges.
- Maintains and updates human resources information system and personnel files. (Weekly filing of documentation.)
- Daily Attendance Tracking. (Notating daily attendance on attendance tracking sheet, Issuing corrective actions for attendance, Managing trends with daily attendance and reporting information to Production Assistant, tracking FMLA & Non-FMLA absences, Attendance Quarterly Deductions, Annual Perfect Attendance Program)
- Supports IATF16949, RTM and ISO14001 System, Policies and Procedures as assigned by Management.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Compensation & Benefits: 5%
- Assists in the administration of company benefit programs including but not limited to health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), PTO, and other. Serves as a resource to employees in resolving benefits-related issues and concerns.
- Serves as a backup payroll processor. Provides supporting documentation for payroll and prepares timesheets for non-exempt employees. (Daily Managing of Payroll Documentation)
- Creates payroll changes to rates and benefits in payroll and HRIS systems.
- Maintains employee perk programs, such as Wellness (including YMCA memberships), Tuition Assistance, and the Employee Referral Program. (YMCA Report Management & Tracking, YMCA invoice auditing, Cancelations of YMCA Membership due to Non-Usage)
- Assists with salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
Recruiting & Onboarding: (Serves a Back Up)
Creates job postings for websites and/or partners with third party recruitment firms for recruiting new hires.
Responsible for handling pre-employment screenings, such as background checks (including references) and drug testing.
Schedules interviews with candidates and hiring managers. Participates in interviews, as needed.
Prepares offer letters to candidates per Hiring Manager’s details.
Requests new employee system access and equipment.
Onboards new hires and provides new employee orientation.
Completes all new hire paperwork, including but not limited to Form I-9 and E-Verify.
Employee Relations: 30%
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
Assists with and/or conducts workplace investigations. Ensures documentation is completed and policies are followed.
Supports processes related to FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, and unemployment, in collaboration with third-party vendors. (Completing Benefits Premiums & Mailing Bi-weekly premiums, Weekly employee follow up with FMLA, Scheduling Fit for Duty Assessments with Company Health Care Provider.)
Assists with employee termination process including removal of any IT and/or building related access and company-sponsored programs. Prepares separation letters, and conducts exit interviews, as needed.
Maintains and schedules 90-day employee reviews and annual performance evaluations. (Career Development Program, Manages Succession Tool)
Provides employment verifications for current and former employees. (In addition, Wage Audits & Wage Verifications)
Employee Engagement Efforts (Assists employees with daily needs)
Training & Development: 15%
- Registration for employee trainings.
- Managing Training Needs.
- Managing Training Record keeping.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
B.A., B.S., or three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic familiarity with manufacturing contracts, R&D and engineering departments is desirable.