Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Digital Marketing Analyst
The Digital Marketing Analyst is primarily responsible for the Marketing department metrics, analytics, reporting, systems (CRM, Websites, Email, e-statements, leads management, etc), and managing email marketing and engagement. A thought leader within the department and organization, this individual identifies opportunities within market trends, peer and internal data to take advantage of cross-sell opportunities. This individual is responsible for championing the organization’s utilization of the CRM as a key member experience and campaign management tool. The Marketing Analyst is a driver for continuous improvement and develops and reports against departmental KPIs.
The Digital Marketing Analyst will also oversee vendors to implement marketing campaigns, create and execute emails for campaigns as well as implement marketing automation best practices. The role is responsible for ensuring the website remains current and optimized and will work constantly to improve sales, search engine optimization activities, website optimization, link building and keyword strategy to maximize ROI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting, Developing Insights, and CRM Management
- Subject matter expert for all marketing systems including CRM, websites, email, e-statements, leads management, etc.
- Develop intimate knowledge of all enterprise systems including feature functionality, data, field-mapping, system-to-system interactions, etc.
- Manage relationship with key external vendor(s) to deliver maximum value to the organization.
- Expand the organization’s use of the CRM to help manage member communications, identify incremental member opportunities and coordinate prospect campaigns.
- Support marketing team by accurately generating custom reports and lists on a regular and on-demand basis.
- Uncover opportunities for increasing market share and deepening member relationships and loan penetration through data mining and analysis. Create segmented customer lists for marketing campaigns.
- Support the strategy and creation of dashboards, reports, and other associated data visualization and reporting.
- Conduct periodic research of internal, competitive and peer data product, service and fee information.
- Stay abreast of compliance and regulatory changes and the impacts to the organization’s marketing.
- Perform campaign analysis; using results to determine ROI, make improvements and establish best practices for future campaigns.
- Work with vendors and across departments to continuously improve online experience and usability of digital channels by developing content delivery strategies and supporting implementation. This includes, but not limited to: Website, internet banking, mobile banking, email marketing, digital signage, and third-party platforms with member interfaces.
- Collaborate on paid search and SEO strategies, insights and reporting.
- Collect user search query data to recommend content and website changes as well as influence marketing campaign targets and new product development aligned with credit union goals. Work with vendors to execute recommendations.
- Manage comprehensive keyword research and optimization to increase organic search; work with vendor to ensure search optimization for key content pages to maximize non-branded search traffic.
- Optimize local and hyper-local organic search through localized landing pages and branch pages, including the addition of structured semantic event, product, and location data to all pages; integrate with other localized social media and review sites.
- Manage routine execution of emails from concept, targets, set-up, quality review, and scheduling. Drive traffic and revenue by increasing email engagement through testing and analysis.
- Incorporate Marketing Automation best practices with onboarding process and year-around marketing efforts including email scheduling, workflows, triggers, content requirements, testing, and personalization.
- Collaborate with marketing team to report on progress of social media strategies, tactics, and engagement using a variety of digital analytics and social listening tools.
- Oversee vendors on executing marketing efforts.
- Evaluate emerging ad platforms, technologies, channels, and competitor advertising links.
- Monitor trends and implement best practices in digital communications and tools.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Continually evaluate, update, improve and manage systems and methods to ensure relevance.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and adherence to credit union regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and make sure that all necessary disclosures are posted correctly.
- Assist with training and education of employees on marketing efforts.
- Monitor CRM performance; ensure system remains up to date.
- Work with marketing team to build and maintain the email marketing calendar.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Uncover opportunities for increasing market share and deepening member relationships and loan penetration through data mining and analysis.
2. Work with vendors and across departments to continuously improve online experience and usability of digital channels by developing content delivery strategies and supporting implementation.
3. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience 3-5 years of related experience, preferably within financial services.
Education A bachelor’s degree in analytics, information/business systems, business administration, marketing or related field.
Interpersonal Skills The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Mathematical Skills Intermediate math skills required for use in tracking expenditures of marketing budget and analyze marketing results, statistics, and data from campaigns and other marketing-related work. Reasoning Ability: Requires the ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems. Ability to formulate and make recommendations and to implement them. Requires the ability to interpret and analyze an array of data in a variety of forms and leverage it for marketing purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- In-depth understanding of SEM campaign strategies and SEO practices
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Email Marketing Software, Marketing Automation Technology, portfolio analytics software, CRM Software; Familiar with core software.
- Proficient in leveraging widely used reporting/data visualization tools
- Experience with email and mobile marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM laws
- Demonstrated knowledge of email best practices including deliverability, personalization, subject lines, segmentation, reporting, send time optimization
- Self-motivated and ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and overall quality
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and acquisition
- Understand, demonstrate and support the mission, value prop, and core values of the credit union
- Maintain an organized, professional work area and assist in keeping the department presentable.
- Strong knowledge of analytical methodologies for evaluating and optimizing customer datasets and digital campaigns (i.e., segmentation, predictive response models, etc.)
- Database management, execution, and maintenance experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to translate technical into non-technical terms as well as translate strategic thinking into tactical needs
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to align day-to-day activities to assigned objectives and incorporate feedback and take direction well.
- Energetic, hard-working attitude when working independently or as an integral member of a team.
- Constant desire to expand abilities and learn new techniques, skills and tools.
Physical Requirements The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment Work may require weekend or evening work as pertaining to software updates/conversions, emergency communication needs, assistance in marketing department, etc.
- 3 – 5 years: digital marketing and related experience
- 3 – 5 years: marketing experience, preferred in financial services
- Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help