Family Trust Federal Credit Union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Perform reconciliation and balancing of various general ledger accounts within a predetermined timeframe.
• Maintain and reconcile credit union bank accounts daily.
• Participate in the month end closing process.
• Manage the mortgage accounting functions.
• Record monthly fixed asset and prepaid asset additions, disposals and depreciation.
• Completion of the FR2900 report in a timely manner.
• Participate on Call Report quarterly report.
• Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports within prescribed time frames and with zero unresolved errors.
• Perform A/P processing duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the credit union expense policy.
• Monitor third party reports for indirect lending and balance related general ledgers.
• Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
• Assist with regular internal and external audits.
• Maintain accounting records and reports according to the record retention schedule.
• Act as a backup to other accounting functions.
• Provide assistance on accounting matters including members, other business units and third-party vendors in a timely and accurate manner.
• Keep management informed of key operating issues affecting the department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Accounting Quality
• Job Knowledge
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Two years to five years of accounting or related experience.
Education A four-year college degree in accounting, finance, or business.
Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. A high level of confidentiality is expected as work will include sensitive information related to personnel and credit union business. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Individual must be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills • Ability to understand and apply rules and regulations for the financial services industry administered by GAAP, NCUA and the credit union.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills are required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
• Experience with automated data processing systems including PC software programs and mainframe systems.
Physical Requirements Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items weighing up to 30lbs.
Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
2-5 years: accounting experience, preferred experience with account payable, GL entries and month-end.