Possehl Connector Services, Inc
Production Associate – Plater
This position is an in-office position at our Rock Hill, SC facility.
The Production Associate – Plater’s primary responsibility is to set-up and monitor the electroplating process. Plater’s will set reels, weld joints, and track welds through our production line to ensure the highest quality standards of our products for our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Strictly following the Engineer’s data specification to set-up and run production lines, monitoring electrical, mechanical, and chemical variables. Promptly provide feedback to engineers and/or supervisors on any problems and/or potential improvements.
· Conduct necessary line inspections during operation and promptly report any mechanical or chemical problems. Complete the process checklist & production reports in a timely manner. Perform general troubleshooting in a methodical and orderly manner.
· Perform quality checks on the product for peeling, thickness distribution, locations, solder-ability, bake test, and appearance. Samples must be carried to Quality Control without bending or contaminating the product.
· Assure the proper levels in the plating baths to provide for quality plating without spills. Back-fills must be fully attended.
· Demonstrate competence in control depth plating, wheel plating, spot plating and the effective use of weld detectors.
· Maintain trace-ability of the product during processing through proper handling of labels and correct production reporting.
· Setting the reels of metal on the production line. Welding the joints of the end of a reel to the start of a new reel.
· Produces finished product at the lowest possible cost by minimizing waste of customer material, precious metals, and chemical usage.
· Other duties as needed and directed by the manager
· This position requires good eyesight, squatting, bending, stooping, long periods of standing.
· Frequent lifting of material up to 50lbs and some heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
· This position requires mental concentration, extensive walking, standing, and lifting of heavy material. Much of the work performed is walking, lifting, and visually inspecting the lines.
· All employment offers are pending a background check and drug screen
· Excellent communication and time management skills
· High School Diploma and one year of experience, preferred.
This job posting is specifically for third shift platers (10:45pm – 7:15am) and second shift platers (2:45pm – 11:15pm). Platers on second and third shift will receive a $.75 per hour shift differential. Hybrid hours will be used during initial training period (4, 10-hour shifts, Monday – Thursday)
Possehl Connector Services is a leading supplier of reel-to-reel selective electroplating of Gold, Silver, Palladium, Palladium Nickel, Nickel, Nickel Tungsten, Tin and Tin Lead for connectors and other lead frame type parts.
These parts are used in a wide range of electronic applications for automotive, communication and mobile solutions, consumer electronics, aerospace and military, industrial automation applications, medical, security and control systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour