Historic Rock Hill
Historic Rock Hill is a membership-based 501(c)(3) historic preservation organization that owns and operates the historic White Home. The mission is to preserve and protect the historic resources of Rock Hill, SC and enhance the livability of its historic areas through offering educational programs, hosting special events and community activities, and by leading preservation initiatives. Historic Rock Hill is seeking an Executive Director (ED). The ED will be expected to work between 25 – 45 hours per week, with a workload that will vary throughout the year.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading Historic Rock Hill in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support Historic Rock Hill’s mission.
- Responsible for financial management that generally anticipates operating within an approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for working with staff to develop and implement Historic Rock Hill’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Historic Rock Hill can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Historic Rock Hill’s reputation in the community by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the management and evaluation of staff.
- Responsible for effective administration of Historic Rock Hill’s operations.
- Responsible for carrying out certain additional tasks as assigned from time to time from the Board of Directors.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise & collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and implementation of annual budget.
- Serve as Historic Rock Hill’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Historic Rock Hill’s mission.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization of Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit for review and approval by the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership, with a strong work ethic and high degree of energy.
- Three or more years of senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to help shape and convey the organization’s mission & strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, donors, and the overall community.
- Ability to adhere to the organization’s policies and ensure staff members do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Demonstrated ability to draft successful grant applications.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Compensation shall be commensurate with candidate experience & qualifications.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to HistoricRHcareers@gmail.com using the subject line “Executive Director”.
- Please provide the name and contact information for two individuals who can serve as professional references. Also, please provide a brief explanation of the nature of your relationship with any individual listed as a professional reference (i.e. “Former Employer”, “Co-worker”).