Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for the operation of the wastewater system, Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) units, plant Clean In Plan Processes (CIPs) and wastewater testing. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
· Know and understand full operation of the Wastewater Pretreatment System.
· Monitor and maintain water quality to assure the proper chemical balance.
· Operate and clean equipment, including DAF units and other wastewater equipment.
· Ensure wastewater discharge is below regulated limits.
· Perform basic maintenance, repair and calibration on wastewater machines.
· Make sure all chemical drums and totes are properly supplying chemicals as necessary.
· Monitor wastewater flow and check pump operations.
· Ensures that pumps, conveyors, blowers, chlorinators, vacuum equipment and other wastewater treatment equipment are functioning properly.
· Monitors equipment for potential failures and may make minor repairs or adjustments as needed.
· Must be able to maintain and monitor DAF units to ensure compliance with Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Total Suspended Solids (TSS), pH chemical use, and data entry reports.
· Must be able to change drums and totes when necessary.
· Check levels in reservoirs and tanks.
· Manage sludge production and waste streams
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Skills Requirement
· High School Diploma; GED
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess mechanical ability and be able to address and correct wastewater plant issues daily.
· Must be able to understand and follow all details of all wastewater permits
· Must possess or be able to acquire and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
· Problem-solving skills
This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items of 50 pounds or more. There is exposure to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to hot/cold temperature changes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Footprint LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.