Production Supervisor – SEM Paint
As a Paint Supervisor, you will coordinate activities for paint production, supervises departmental staff, and assists and supports others in the achievement of company or departmental goals. You will supervise the work performance of up to ten employees in the paint department.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications, and advises setup and adjustments of machines.
- Interprets specifications and job orders from batch tickets and assigns duties to staff.
- Works closely with sales and marketing departments to ensure that new products and promotions are completed on time and to specification.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products(s). Revises production schedules and priorities, due to equipment failure/ operating problems, staffing concerns, etc.
- Analyzes production issues (i.e. downtime analysis) and works with management on resolutions.
- Leads daily production schedule.
- Trains personnel and initiates, suggests and plans techniques to empower employees to meet goals. Conducts weekly huddle meetings with employees to promote communication.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 1 year of college/university/technical school is preferred
- 3-5 years proven experience and/or training
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf