Piedmont Medical Center
EMT Full Time Rotating Shifts $2500 Sign on Bonus
The EMT Basic is an essential position accountable for administering basic life support and stabilization procedures to patients at the accident or illness scene, and during transport to medical facilities.It is the expectation that the EMT Basic will exemplify the highest professional standards and continuously fosters an enriching, supportive and dynamic team environment.
- Department Knowledge and Experience
- At least one year full time experience as a 911 EMS provider preferred.
- Formal Education
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Licensure and Certification:
- South Carolina EMT basic certification
- Nationally Registered EMT certification within one year of employment
- South Carolina and National Registry Advanced EMT required within one year of employment if hired on or after 9/8/15
- BCLS required
- PALS or PEPP required within orientation period
- NIMS compliant with Incident Command/Incident Management within orientation period
- 100, 200, 700, 800
- Valid South Carolina or North Carolina Drivers License
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position involves delivering the highest quality of emergency medical care at the basic or intermediate advanced EMT level, in accordance with department protocols and policies as well as York County requirements to optimize EMS response throughout the community.
- The position always maintains safety, optimizes clinical care and deliveries exceptional professionalism and customer service to everyone.
- This position performs routine duties in connection with daily operations necessitating detailed multi-tasking, timely documentation and driving specially equipped emergency vehicles that will require a high level of competence utilizing a wide variety of technology and software.
- This duty involves the ability to understand and apply the principles of prospective, concurrent, and retrospective quality review and feedback.Employee is responsible for:
- Infection Prevention:
- Upon hire, successfully completing Infection Prevention Orientation
- Successfully completing yearly .edu regarding PMC infection prevention practices applicable to assigned work area.
- Being familiar with and responsible for following infection prevention measures
- Participating in departmental / facility offered education regarding infection preventionWork Environment:The work environment characteristics described on the Essential Functions Form here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- OSHA Category:Category 1 tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- Physical Demands:The physical demands described on the Essential Functions Form are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
PRIMARY LOCATION:Rock Hill, South Carolina
FACILITY:Piedmont Medical Center
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.