Performance Food Group
The Loader prepares pallets of out-going freight for shipping, transports pallets from the inventory staging areas with a fork truck, pallet jack or by hand into trailers, in the correct stop sequence, according to a predetermined loading plan, damage-free, observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process. Assists Order Selectors and performs other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Inspect empty trailers at the loading dock to insure they are clean and clear before loading and take appropriate action as needed.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Move out going products from staging area to the loading dock with forklift.
- Wrap pallets with cellophane, secure load/pallets and make sure shipping labels are in place as needed.
- Transport items to be shipped into the trailer with a forklift, pallet jack or by hand in the correct stop sequence, according to a predetermined loading plan.
- Locate the proper slot on the trailer for the order, set it in place and secure the load when complete.
- Remove empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles.
- Inspect empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and keep warehouse area, loading dock and trailers clear and clean as required.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Assist Order Selectors and perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
• Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
• Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
• Pallet jack and/or forklift certified