Performance Food Group
The Manager of Training and Safety position will perform the following duties:
- Provides comprehensive training and development services to the company to ensure that all staff achieve high professional standards and that they have the necessary skills to help the company attain its strategic objectives.
- Maintains close communication with managers and staff to discuss training and development needs and to ensure that they are fully aware of training opportunities available.
- Arrange internal training programs, using external suppliers as required, to meet identified training needs, examples of courses include Microsoft Office and business professional skills.
- Manages vendor selection for and implementation of development-related solutions to include performance management, training content, assessments and surveys.
- Assists with the development of training programs and materials including course content, PowerPoint slides, visual charts, video clips, hand-outs, job aids, and metrics to be delivered through a variety of blended delivery systems, such in class training, videotapes, e-learning, etc.
- Schedules training sessions and handle all of the administrative functions: facility set-up, equipment set-up, associate notification, associate accommodations, food and transportation.
- Conducts training sessions covering specific areas, such as performance management, benefit training, etc.
- Provides a range of consulting services (coach and develop managers and associates) regarding performance management.
- Assists managers with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to program implementation.
- Serves as program and database administrator for performance management systems and other programs, such as SkillSoft
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Has vast knowledge base of DOT/Non DOT safety policies and procedures
5+ years of related experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.