Performance Food Group
Receiver – $3000 Sign On Bonus
PFG Customized Distribution meets the special needs of some of America’s most recognized national chain restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, TGI Friday’s, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday. Providing customized attention and a centralized contact for product lines, menu changes and account coordination, PFG Customized Distribution serves customers across the United States and in more than 40 countries.
The Receiver oversees the receiving dock area to receive, inspect, identify, count and verify quality and labeling of all materials and supplies delivered to the facility; complete related documentation, coordinate the storage of supplies and enter information into inventory database and other similar duties necessary to the movement and maintenance of supplies and raw materials observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
- Follow all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines. Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Open loading dock doors, set dock plate in place and prepare the area to receive products and supplies from tractor-trailers.
- Inspect incoming trailers at the loading dock to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action, as needed.
- Receive incoming products and supplies and verify items on receiving schedule against the bill of lading. Ensure count accuracy, record counts on appropriate forms/database and verify quality and labeling of all materials and supplies.
- Perform damage control checks on items received and contact supervisor about removing items according to company policy. Inspect date sensitive items, perform temperature checks, quality checks on products and take appropriate action as needed.
- Identify label and store supplies according to specifications and enter purchase order data into the inventory system.
- Coordinate and/or unload and transport items to staging areas in appropriate warehouse with forklift / pallet jack. Assist Forklift Operators by putting away, breaking down pallets, changing stretch wrap and re-wrapping pallets, as needed.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and keep warehouse area, loading dock and trailers clear and clean as required. Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Monday – Friday
1:00am – 9:30am
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
• Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
• Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Pallet jack experience
- 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.