PCI Group, Inc.
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST
Position: Inventory Control Specialist
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Summary: Manages inventory in Supermarket Warehouse to ensure tight Just-in-Time activity. Responsible for the accuracy and recording of all transfers in and out of Supermarket Warehouse.
Classification: Overtime Eligible
1. Inventory Levels
a. Work with Accounting to set minimum and manage order quantities & reorder points for the Supermarket Warehouse to determine when to request inventory from Main Warehouse
b. Monitor slow movers and transfers excess stock back to Main Warehouse
c. Stay in tune with business activity to ensure inventory levels match demand
2. Inventory Transfers
a. Ensure all transfers in and out of Supermarket Warehouse are verified for quality
b. Consistently monitor item locations to prevent cross contamination
c. Monitor production activity to be proactive with inventory supplies
d. Stay in contact with the Main Warehouse for inventory needs
3. SAP Accounting System
a. Post all incoming and outgoing transfers from the Supermarket Warehouse
b. Conduct inventory cycle counts for Supermarket Warehouse and provide results to the Accounting Team to make all adjustments.
c. Assist the Accounting Team in their review of the inventory with respect to audits and reconciliations as requested
d. Will comply with all current and future security and compliance requirements.
e. Any tasks assigned by Senior management
– High School Diploma
– College degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, Accounting or related field preferred
– 2+ years of quality auditing experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
– Relevant inventory control work experience will be strongly considered
· Knowledge and Skills:
– Strong organization skill with a lot of attention to detail
– Experience with SAP a plus
– Strong computer skills
– Strong skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook a plus
– Knowledge of UHC and PCI inventory desired
– An understanding of Just-in-Time inventory control desired
– Approachable and pleasant with a professional demeanor
– Maintain an unbiased and objective state of mind
– Communicate efficiently and effectively with production team
– Motivated and self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
· Physical Requirements:
– Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
– Requires bending and lifting up to 50 pounds.