PCI Group, Inc.
ASSISTANT INSERT OPERATOR
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts either 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
SUMMARY: Assist the Inserting Operator in the production of inserted mail materials in accordance with Standard Job Work Processes to
ensure that quality expectations are met while also meeting production and efficiency goals.
The Assistant Operator is responsible for helping the Operator by moving material in and out of the inserting production area in accordance with Standard Work practices.
Follow Standard Work Job procedures in order to assist the Operator in the daily production
• Assistant Operator is responsible for:
o Catching (unloading) finished inserted materials
o Staging Envelopes and Inserts
o Loading outer envelopes into the machine
o Assist the Operator in line clearance and stage unused material for return to stock.
o Stage finished product
o Ready and stage upcoming work
• Interact closely with other departments outside of inserting (Pressroom/ Mail Dispatch/ Warehouse/ Shipping/ Technicians).
• Ensure associates maintain safety and OSHA standards.
• Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards, while driving continuous improvements.
• All other tasks as assigned by Lead, Manager, or Senior Management.
• Will comply with all current and future security and compliance requirements
Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment