Web Systems Manager
Summary of the Position: Serve as a Web developer and content producer for company websites, online stores and online advertising campaigns. The Web Systems Manager reports to the Director of IT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate group tasks among 2-4 web developers. Provide status reports on web-team projects, help to prioritize and assign work among the group.
- Manage SQL servers (MSSQL and MySQL), web servers (MS IIS and Apache) and applications
- Manage e-commerce in online stores, including development of design look-and-feel, product inventory posting and management, special features, and store configuration.
- Submit creative concepts and complete designs for online banner ads, both static and animated. Integrate campaigns with successful landing page strategies and design, including user interfaces for online customer acquisition.
- Setup and monitor SEO, ADWords, banner campaign marketing initiatives, and overall monitoring of corporate sites. Measure and report on web metrics for all corporate sites and marketing landing pages.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- While this position does not require a degreed programmer, it does require someone with strong development experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant industry experience with database management, DB tools, SQL, and over all DB architecture.
- Minimum 2+ years of design experience using PhotoShop, Flash. Video editing experience also desired.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across broad range of corporate staff.
- Scripting, programming and server technology experience highly desirable.
- Web graphics experience with Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as page layout applications within a PC environment is highly desirable.
- 1+ years Flash/Action-Scripting experience a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage tasks and teams to complete projects and willingness to accept responsibility for multiple assigned tasks.
- Willing to learn new programming languages, if required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse work community
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures and standards of integrated web site structuring and design
- Knowledge of current alternatives in available web site software and hardware
- Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of current authoring languages, editing and authoring tools and related web site technologies
- Skilled in analytical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain files, records, and reports
- ASP.NET development experience preferred, with experience in Microsoft Visual Web developer.
- Internet marketing and online business experience highly desired.
- SEO/SEM experience highly desired.
- DreamWeaver plus HTML hand-coding experience.
- Adobe Photoshop, FLASH server, FLASH CS4, and related tools.
- Flash video and animation experience.
- Database management experience in SQL, Excel, and Access frameworks.
- MS Visual Studio Pro
- MS Visual Studio Team System 2008
- High level of Microsoft Office suite competence.
Education and Experience: A Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Marketing preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes