Manage web & web content
Coordinate and implement web/platform development for company websites, assisting the team with html, ASP, PHP, and Joomla coding and management of various plug-ins and controls. Assist with the development and maintenance of micro-sites which will host various campaigns to deliver product messages. Organize and assist with webpage layout, creation and placement of web graphics and assets as directed by manager or business unit.
E-commerce and E-mail marketing
Manage all technical email marketing efforts as directed by business unit(s). Prepare, layout, and execute the technical production of email marketing campaigns. Perform data mining activities as they relate to specific mail/email campaigns coordinating efforts with the business unit and/or product manager. Maintain opt-in lists for email and normal mail marketing campaigns. Ensure that all opt-ins/outs are uploaded to iPost in order to comply with Canned-SPAM regulations.
As required by business unit, maintain all e-commerce sites to include product, image, price, updates, transaction processing, etc. Ensure that business unit coordination and sign-off is always utilized for store updates.
Manage all DNS entries and URL purchases via third party (Network solutions, GoDaddy, etc.). Maintain all domain names and registration monitoring for those names. Work with Management and/or the Legal department to resolve any domain ownership issues or problems. Produce regular statistics for web-sites as required or necessary to report on activity and or success of campaigns. Manage all ad-word campaigns via Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc. throughout the year ensuring proper word purchases. Monitor ad-word campaigns for effective use.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working in a team environment, creates, edits, supports and streamlines publishing of high quality web content both internet and intranet
- Participate in creative planning, marketing project meetings to identify project needs and assist in their attainment
- Ensures that web updates are coordinated with product or project manager, and implemented on time
- Works with graphic personnel, product managers, and business units to offer additional talents for various projects.
- Working in a team environment, creates, edits, supports and streamlines publishing of all corporate email
- Maintains Vet-EZ, and Nutramaxstore.com sites
- Coordinates store efforts with 3rd parties if/when necessary
- Is proficient in DNS management
- Maintains current domain names; renew and purchase as necessary
- Document all domains as well as document any 3rd party procedures
- Produce monthly corporate web statistics
- Produce any micro-site statistics on an as needed basis
- Monitor search engine processes and ad key word purchases as necessary
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
Must be a self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal direction or supervision. ASP.NET and Joomla development experience preferred, with experience in Microsoft Visual Web developerSEO/SEM experience highly desired.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3 years of Web development experience with database management, DB tools, SQL, and over all DB architecture. B.S. degree or equivalent.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None