Summary of the Position: The Training Specialist in South Carolina will report to the Corporate Training Manager. The position will assist in developing, administering, and maintaining the training program helping ensure training meets the needs of each business function and the overall business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with training manager to define training and performance needs for the organization and effectively build and maintain training program to support performance goals (conduct needs analysis to identify gaps in knowledge and/or skills, implement learning management system (LMS), build training curriculums to qualify employees, and evaluate training effectiveness).
- Assist in the development and deployment of a long-range training strategy to meet business goals and objectives recognizing changing and emerging business needs.
- Work with training manager and subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop procedures, relevant course content, presentations, on-the-job training (OJT) manuals, job aids, micro-learnings, assessments and/or other materials including e-learning to achieve expected performance results.
- Assist with facilitating onboarding activities. Monitor onboarding program ongoing.
- Work with training coordinator to ensure training compliance within the LMS. Communicate issues immediately when found and provide training customer support to resolve.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with managers/supervisors, or instructors.
- Leads various training projects and drive projects to completion.
- Develop constructive and cooperative relationships within the organization to identify preventive or remedial training for employees as needed.
- Maintain training metrics and reporting, demonstrating company’s adherence to training compliance and the quality system.
- Schedules training including, but not limited to, Train the Trainer, OJT, new employee, and annual GMP refresher training as needed.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Manage training matrix periodic review process.
- Works with training manager and LMS vendor to execute LMS communications, updates, and required system maintenance activities.
- Facilitate developmental training and additional training based on needs/requests.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and function within a team environment.
- Maintains awareness of trends and technologies within the training industry.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
This position will be closely associated and work with the following to ensure training support and compliance:
- Operations Management and Personnel
- Quality Management and Personnel
- Safety, Security, and Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Regulatory Affairs
- Other departments as training needs arise
Minimum Requirements: Must possess strong facilitation skills and ability to present information using a variety of techniques to engage the learner. Organization skills combined with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects required. Strong attention to detail with effective oral, written, and verbal communication skills. Reliable problem-solver with project management skills. Must be proficient in MS office suite. Ability and skills to train personnel at all levels. Must be knowledgeable of Quality System regulations and policy requirements to ensure compliance and consistency. Expected to function with minimum supervision. Takes initiative to build business relationships and understanding of business partners’ needs to ensure successful training. Strong understanding and background in adult learning principles.
Education and Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of proven work experience as a trainer or similar role. A bachelor’s degree in training and development, communications, business, or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered. Working knowledge of databases, e-learning platforms, and LMS experience is required. A high degree of business/operations/regulatory knowledge is preferred. Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, investigate, and identify training solutions as needed. Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction, and measurement of training effectiveness.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None