Quality Assurance Generalist – 2nd Shift
The Quality Assurance Generalist I (QAG I) reports to Quality Assurance Management. This position is responsible for the daily Quality Assurance support in the Manufacturing and Packaging process on site. They will be required to review all appropriate documents during the production process. In this role, the QAG are required to maintain and have a consistent presence on the production floor during the shift and be readily available to support the production processes in their assigned areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing Quality Assurance presence in production areas through the daily execution of Product Packaging lines, Product Manufacturing Processes, room clearances and release of cleaned equipment/rooms/areas, and in-process inspections in all Nutramax manufacturing areas.
- Providing input for the revision process of SOPs to cover work requirements in the assigned facility or process.
- Assisting in the investigation of deviations
- Reviewing the pest control and environmental monitoring system
- Issuance of Labels and/or other printed material to operations as per current production schedule
- Assist with identification of minor and major errors and deficiencies found within batch records
- Organize work to achieve daily goals with no errors or deficiencies
- Providing impact on issues that could affect product quality, safety and purity
- Assisting Quality Assurance management with the daily operation of the QA Hold area
- Submitting thorough End of Day reports including detail summary of daily activities, issues and actions taken
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other departments and function within a team environment
- Training on all SOPs, safety procedures and cGMPs as required and must be current
- Regular attendance is required.
- Perform other assigned duties and follow verbal and written instructions issued by supervisor or designee related to meeting company goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with your team, supervision and other departments within the organization and function within a team, promoting positive work environment
This position will be closely associated and work with the following:
- Manufacturing and Packaging Operators
- Quality Associates (QAG II, QAG III, QA team lead, QA Management, QC, Label Issuance, Quality Assurance Document Specialist)
- Safety, Security and Environmental Services Departments
- Training Department
- Supply Chain Team
- Product Development
Minimum Requirements: The Quality Assurance Generalist I must have two years’ experience in the pharmaceutical, food, dietary supplement manufacturing environment or any other government regulated environment preferred. Auditing experience and troubleshooting is a plus.
Great enthusiasm and hard work ethic is a must. Detail oriented and team centered approach is required. Good computer skills on all general software is needed Microsoft Office Suite
The ability to lift 50lbs. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment and follow all appropriate written and verbal instructions and procedures.
Education and Experience: This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent