Production Operator (2nd & 3rd Shift Openings)
Summary of the Position: The Production Operator reports to Manufacturing/Packaging Supervisor and is responsible to follow written and/or verbal instruction issued by the Supervisor or Team Leader/designee, to set-up plant equipment correctly for operation, organize work to achieve daily production schedules with no errors or deficiencies, follow and adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Policies, Company Policies and Procedures, cGMP guidelines and effectively use time to meet company goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily meetings, understand instructions and responsibilities and organize the manufacturing steps required in the production of safe and effective quality products.
- Follow instructions as written on all documents related to production/packaging of safe and effective quality products, including but not limited to Batch Records, Inventory Sheets and Log Books.
- Follow SOPs related but not limited to equipment, products and processes.
- Transport raw materials weighing a minimum of 50lbs and use appropriate lifting techniques.
- Check and calculate raw material quantities as needed
- Perform set-up and adjustments to all manufacturing/packaging equipment to ensure equipment perform at peak efficiency, producing safe and effective quality product.
- Operate equipment and perform cleaning of it within the cGMP guidelines, appropriate SOPs and or specific instructions.
- Clean rooms and equipment according to standard operating procedures and perform basic maintenance duties.
- Document work on all documents required by SOP, cGMP Guidelines and or specific instructions.
- Consistently check work for accuracy to ensure no errors or deficiencies and identify and report all discrepancies to immediate supervisor or designee.
- Train and document training of new employees on the operation of equipment, good documentations practices, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on as needed bases and or as instructed by supervisor or designee.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Operators will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) but not limited to: hair nets, beard covers, face masks, respirators, uniforms, safety shoes, safety glasses etc
- Perform other assigned duties and follow verbal and written instructions issued by supervisor or designee related to meeting company goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with your team, supervision and other departments within the organization and function within a team, promoting positive work environment.
- May be exposed to raw materials and or finished goods derived from but not limited to: bovine, milk, soy, shellfish, pork, chicken, tuna and other allergen source.
Minimum Requirements: Production Operator will have a working knowledge of cGMP (dietary supplement or pharmaceutical environment), should have experience, training, education or any combination of it related to cleaning equipment or and environment in dietary supplement, pharmaceutical or food industry. Ability to use basic cleaning devices and ability to learn advanced cleaning equipment. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all staff levels. Critical thinking skills to learn Nutramax procedures and predict whether proposed changes will be effective. Must be able to work independently and within team environment, according to specific, written and verbal instructions, presented by supervisor or designee.
Attention to detail and some process analytical skills necessary. The ability to stand on a regular basis and use hands and arms to lift and reach required. Must be able to lift/move packages and materials weighing a minimum of 50 lbs. Previous knowledge and understanding of production processes in a cGMP or Pharmaceutical environment desired.
Education and Experience This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma. experience in pharmaceutical, dietary supplement or food industry desired but not required. Basic knowledge of cGMP regulations and experience in cGMP environment is preferred but not necessary. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment and follow all appropriate written and verbal instructions and procedures. Position requires lifting, moving, cleaning of equipment and parts of equipment. Attention to details, multitasking and organizational skills are required. This position requires basic computer skills.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED with strong mathematical and mechanical skills.