Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Event and Sponsorship Coordinator to assistant coordinating our events and sponsorship from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable plans that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to assist planning, resourcing, and overseeing our events and sponsorships. Excellent people skills are a must as s/he will be working with vendors & sponsors directly. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing multiple events and sponsorships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Manage all project elements with attention to deadlines.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Conduct market research and gather information.
- Ability to articulate ideas that improve services and event quality.
- Conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, report on the outcomes.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Communicate with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Will travel as needed.
- Create and implement plans to attain sponsorships.
- Implement sponsorship strategies in order to maximize revenues.
- Seek new sponsorship opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between sponsors and the company.
- Assist manager in ensuring the efficacy of existing sponsorship programs.
- Ensure sponsors are integrated into promotional campaigns as appropriate.
- Write and file sponsorship reports for the benefit of documentation and review.
- Creative passion and willingness to develop new ideas.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience may be considered
- Significant work experience as an event planner or sponsorship coordinator.
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Excellent multi-tasking, project management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: No