Summary of Position
Assists in the development, planning, and implementation of a newly designed SAP/S4 Hanna system as well as oversees the ongoing smooth operation and daily running of the system in alignment with business unit expectations. Supply SAP/ERP configuration and analysis for business requirements to drive the design and implementation of new business processes. Develops business strategies and supervises critical path activities to troubleshoot or escalate problems. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of the support of our SAP system as well as all connected interfaces. Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future ERP system requirements to meet organizational needs. Responsible for the diverse level of user support throughout the organization. Will be instrumental in the generation of various ad-hoc and standard reports utilizing SAP BO and or other report generating tools. Responsible for the smooth operation of our EDI environment. This includes set-up, integration with current and future ERP systems, VAN selection and maintenance as well as the documentation of all processes and procedures. Reports to Director of Information Technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- SAP Database Maintenance Plans and Administration, End-User Support and System Administration.
- Implement and support the following SAP S4/Hanna modules: Finance, Sales, Customer Management, Supply Chain, Inventory Warehouse, and Production planning.
- Support end user reporting and analysis requirements, for the sales, operations, and executive management teams by generation of new requested reports.
- Generate and verify accuracy of reports using tools such as FACTS, SAP, BI, BO and excel based tools.
- Responsible for the training of business unit analysts on report generation and reporting tools to create a self-sufficient business analyst for on-going report generation.
- Define user interfaces and functional specifications.
- Verify accuracy of data, and the maintenance and support of the data warehouse.
- Set up and maintain Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) trading partners per customer requests to include ERP integration processing.
- Design and develop problem resolution procedures for the EDI system.
- Design and develop trading partner barcode shipping labels as per specifications.
- Manage change control, project coordination and performance monitoring
- Track project status and manage project issues and risks
- Provide regular status reports to department head
- Train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
- Liaise with third party suppliers and coordinate resources and tasks
- Work as a team member on department projects to include planning, implementation and support roles.
- Perform system administration, trouble-shooting and upgrade activities for ERP and EDI systems
Education / Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- ERP Systems: 5 years (Required)
- SAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- 3-5 years of leadership, management and project management experience required, experience managing technical teams.
- Technically proficient in SQL Server Management and Database Administrator functions including capacity planning, configuration and management of maintenance plans and queries.
- SAP Business One authorizations and user account administration, reporting, forms administration, end-user support.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of business unit and department processes in a Life Science manufacturing facility.
- Strong background in all aspects of ERP related operations for Finance and Account, Inventory Control, Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Experience with Crystal Reports is preferred.
- Basic understanding of networks, thin-client and server virtualization, MS security domain model, and Windows Server concepts is desirable
- Strong MS Office user including manipulation and maintenance of complex spreadsheets and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to simplify complex ideas in basic terms to discuss with end-users, managers and business leaders.
- Strong Project Management skills and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain methodology and best practices for system development, testing, and installation / implementation of systems in support of baseline operations as well as business initiatives which drive new development requirements in the ERP system regularly.
- Good understanding of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) components, messages and infrastructure e.g. 850 (Purchase Order), 856 (Advanced Shipment Notifications), 810 (invoice) etc.