Senior Tax Accountant
We are seeking a talented Senior Tax Accountant to join our team in Rock Hill, SC. The Senior Tax Accountant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research of Sales and Use Tax statutes to determine their application to Nucor Skyline’s products. Communication of research to customers and other Skyline employees
- Prepare and file Sales and Use Tax Returns, meeting all statutory deadlines
- Ensure customer tax exemption certificates are valid
- Assist in coordinating tax requests from auditors (internal, external, and regulatory agencies)
- Additional responsibilities relating to treasury and insurance functions as assigned by the Risk & Tax Manager
Reporting to the Risk & Tax Manager, the Senior Tax Accountant will be an integral member of the Nucor Skyline team who brings a strong and consistent work ethic to deliver a great customer experience. Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety practices, policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or four years relevant working experience
- Two years of experience in Sales and Use Tax
- Experience in reviewing tax exemption certifications in the construction industry for multiple states
- Experience with pivot tables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace